Saturday, March 24, 2018

The Tag of Sunshine

 A while ago Catherine Hawthorn, from The Rebelling Muse, tagged me with The Tag of Sunshine.

The rules are: You should thank the person who tagged you, You should answer the questions, and You should tag at least two more people with seven questions of your own.

Thank you Catherine for the tag. This the very tag I have ever done, so doubly thanks. I don't know Catherine very well, since I've only been blogging for two months and not very dutifully at that....but from what of Catherine's blog and from her comments, I can tell that she is a wonderful blogger, a kind person and perfect lady and everyone who comes in contact with her, loves her.


 Question Number One: Do you tan or burn in the summer? 

I suppose I would burn if I'd been out in the sun for too long, but I tend to put sunscreen on if I know I'm going to be outside for a long while, so I haven't been burned in awhile and I don't burn quickly, but I will burn if I'm not careful

 Question Number Two: What was your favorite movie as a middle schooler? 

I think my favorite movie would have been Disney's Beauty and the Best or Disney's Aristocats.

Question Number Three: What is your favorite summer treat? 

Homemade peach lemonade with fresh peaches or homemade berry popsicles. 

Question Number Four: Which book has traveled with the most? 

When Calls The Heart by Janette Oak. I love When Calls Heart and its my go to book. And I've brought it with me on all of my travels. It has been all over the country and when I studied abroad, it came with me and was the only book to do so. But it wasn't the only book that came back because I bought my copy of Pride and Prejudice when I was overseas. Can you imagine? I own Jane Austen book I bought in England.

Question Number Five: What is your favorite outdoor activity? 

It might sound rather cliche, but I love to walk. I walk just about everywhere I possibly can and I love the sounds and smells and sights that you get when your walking that you just won't get if you're driving a car or riding the bus. 

Question Number Six: Do you like boats? Or do you get seasick? 

Sadly, I must answer yes to both. Living on the coast, I often find myself out on the ocean and having the time of my life. But I also have a rather delicate stomach, so I don't always end up having the time of my life. But I have yet to learn how to say no when offered a chance to go out on the briny blue. 







Question Number Seven: Would you survive if you were teleported to one hundred years ago? 

A hundred years ago would put me in 1918, the final year of World War One. But it wasn't over until November, so I would have to live over eight months with the world at war. I would probably have to live through the second war too, if I was forced to stay in that time.


I think I could live there and hopefully I would be able to do some good, by keeping up the spirits of the people around me and maybe I'd become a nurse and go over the sea to help "our boys."

And just maybe fall in love with a dashing young soldier.






Thanks again to Catherine for this tag.

I will be tagging Gray Marie from Writing is Life and Lilah from The Singing Writer



My questions are:
Do you think you would survive in 1918? What do you love to do in the summer? What is your favorite holiday in summer? Have you ever seen the sea? Have you ever tried salt water taffy or fresh sea caught crabs? Do you like military love stories? Have you ever read When Calls The Heart and if not, would you?

Until next time,
Tasha

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are so sweet, Natasha! *hugs*

    I'm really bad about putting sunscreen on...bad habit from my reenacting days. LOL.

    Le gasp - I love the Aristocats!! My favorite cat is Marie :).

    Oh my gosh! I've been wanting to read that book since I'm a HUGE fan of the TV show. And you've been to England!! That's so cool! And buying a Jane Austen book from England is the ultimate book dragon haul. Nice!

    I like to walk too. Especially in the country.

    While I don't live on the coast, I love the water too. Boats make me really nervous though...

    I hope that if I were in WW1, I would be able to do the same!

    You're welcome, Natasha! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were a reenactor? That's amazing! What period?
      My favorite is Thomas O'Malley himself. His romance with Dutchess was sooo sweet and I'd go insane if someone made a human movie mildly based off them. Wouldn't that be so cute?

      I'm a real sucker for romances set around the world wars.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tag Natasha!!!!! I look forward to doing it!!

    Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog sounds fun. I like the blog idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my..I like it! This sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really looks fun! I like reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely love your blog, so inspiring.I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete