Saturday, March 10, 2018

Silent Scream - A Poem By Me

Silent Screams
by Natasha Hart 

Last night
I woke up screaming
It took my awhile 
to see I'd been dreaming

What do you do 
when nightmares taunt you? 
What do you do
When old fears haunt you?

What do you do
when the darkness scares you? 
When you don't 
feel 
safe 
in your own bed? 

You bottle the screams
the tears
the fevered dream,
Hold the words in,
walk head high
smile on

What can you do
but walk on? 
walk on
Hiding your pain
your fear
your tears
your nightmared dreams?

 

-Tasha

7 comments:

  1. Wow. This was so beautiful, in a very haunting way. I know it describes me, and it feels very personal. Loved it! <3

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could touch someone with my poem. I'm normally horrible at talking to people about things unless it's in some art form or other.

      Delete
  2. *gasps at the depth of this poem*

    This poem...my goodness, I don't have words. Just wow.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is the sweetest thing.

      Delete
  3. Awesome poem! I don't have much to say. It's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the tension on your poem. Effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! This is one of the heart felt poem I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete