Saturday, February 10, 2018

Books & Love

31 Cheap and Fun Date Ideas for Couples
 
 
 
There's a post floating around the internet. I couldn't manage to find it for you, but I'm sure you've seen it.
 You see a cute boy or girl in Barnes and Nobles and so you buy them a book. Its just like offering to buy them a drink! Should be simple, right? Lets make it the new social norm, right?
But what do you say?
Well, I'm here to give you a few suggestions. 


You could just walk up to them and say, "Can I buy you a drink?" and then when they give you a weird look you add, "And by drink, I mean book."


 
You see them browsing and ask, "If you could have a stranger buy you a book because they thought you were cute, what book would you pick?" Proceed to pick up whatever book they said and buy it. 



Just say "Can I buy you a book?"



"If I bought a cute girl (boy) a book do you think they would discuss it with me over coffee?


15+ Pictures of Love Couples at Sunset, Couple Sunset ...
 
 
*insert some quote comparing literature to water*
"So, can I buy you a drink?"
 
 
 
 
Do you have any suggestions?

Nat

4 comments:

  1. Okay first, that hugely color coded bookshelf - goals right there, LOL.

    I've heard of doing this - but I agree with you, how to do it is the challenge.

    Buying a drink is like buying a person any other food item or something - it's an excuse to spend time with the person. It's a rather fleeting thing too.
    With books...it's a lot different. I think it implies a much deeper level of commitment :). And what a person reads tells a lot about them.

    That being said, I personally like the 2nd and 4th suggestions you had.

    Great post, Natasha!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would feel bad for just taking a book off that pretty shelf.
      I like the last one best because it would impress me MASSIVELY if someone could quote poetry or classic literature to me

      Delete
  2. Okay, buying someone you like a book needs to be made into a social norm like NOW. XD I'd take a book over a drink any day!

    Andrea / indigoskysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if it didn't work out, at least you'd have a free book!

      Delete